How to apply to exhibit at Watt Space
Submit a proposal by Friday 6 September, 5.00pm for the exhibition period January – June 2014
Who is eligible to exhibit:
- Any currently enrolled student of the University of Newcastle or recent (6 months) graduate can apply for an exhibition by submitting a proposal. If you are curating an exhibition, work by students from other Tertiary Institutions can be included in the exhibition.
- Students who have never previously exhibited are encouraged to submit proposals. Please phone Penny on 4921 5188 to discuss your ideas.
Exhibitions are selected from submitted written proposals
Your exhibition proposal* must include:
- Cover Page detailing name, address, phone numbers, e-mail and exhibition title
- Curriculum Vitae to include name, address, education, exhibition experience, awards and publications (see Watt Space web-site for details: http://www.newcastle.edu.au/wattspace
- The Proposal detailing your current research, what you want to exhibit, where in the gallery and preferred time of the semester.
- Images of your current work: in video or CD Rom format. Include an image list with title, date, medium and size of each work. You will need an image of each persons work
Check the Watt Space web site at http://www.newcastle.edu.au/group/watt-space for current information.
* Proposals must be printed out in hard copy format, images should be on disk. Not a Powerpoint
Selected exhibitors are responsible for:
- doing gallery duty ( 6 x 6hour shifts per space)
- paying gallery rental for 3 week period (Loading Dock $160, Long Room $140, Hoist $88, Locker Room $110, Pit $99, Media Space $55 )
- designing invitation and paying share of printing cost (approx.$45), and providing a 50 word press release
- providing suitable equipment to install their works
- installing their exhibition, overseen by the Gallery Manager
- providing a price list for photocopying
- providing numbers to identify the works
- contributing food and drink for the opening night
- maintenance of the Gallery
Proposals are evaluated at a Selection Committee Meeting of the Watt Space Management Committee
Selection Committee meetings are held in April and September each year at which each proposal is considered individually. All applicants will be contacted by letter or email soon after the meeting.
Send your proposal to:
The Manager of Watt Space Gallery PO Box 180 Shortland Building University of Newcastle Callaghan NSW 2308
or deliver in person to:
Watt Space Office on campus or Watt Space Pigeonhole, Fine Art Office, University Fine Art Gallery Building at Hunter Campus, University of Newcastle